This quick-and-easy dish is adapted from a recipe by Vegetarian Times. It’s based on khao soi, a Thai noodle dish that’s sweet, sour, and spicy!
30 minutes or fewer to prepare
- 2 large shallots, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. yellow or red Thai curry paste
- 1 tsp. curry powder or garam masala
- 1 tsp. ground organic turmeric (best to use real turmeric root if you can find)
- 1 15-oz. can organic light coconut milk
- ¾ cup low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro stems, plus ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1 tsp. agave ,optional
- 5 oz. dry whole wheat fettuccine (or substitute with quinoa or rice pasta)
- 5 cups broccoli florets and/or cauliflower florets
- 6 lime wedges, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to instructions on package. Drain and wash with cold water.
- Put first six ingredients in a Vitamix and blend till smooth – a few minutes.
- Transfer blended liquid to large saucepan and add pasta and veggies. Heat a few minutes, until veggies are tender on the outside and still firm on the inside. Simmer or let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges and cilantro leaves