This is another Vitamix recipe, as I’ve really been loving mine lately and want to spread the joy! The coconut milk makes it creamy and smooth, and of course it’s healthy and delicious. As with the previous recipe, this can also be prepared in a regular blender or food processor, and then transferred to a saucepan and heated for a few minutes on the stove. If you do use the Vitamix**, note that it heats up right in the blender.
Makes 4 cups
- 1 cup vegetable broth or stock
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sliced onions, sauteed
- 2 garlic groves, roasted
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar, maple syrup, or agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmed
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 6-8 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
**If you’d like to order a Vitamix, click here and use coupon code 06-004250 and receive free shipping.