Due to the intensity of this flush, we highly recommend that prior to the flush, be sure to incorporate at plant-based diet as described in the book Do You Have the Guts to Be Beautiful? for a full 30 days and make sure that during this time you perform the enemas from the book.The body needs to be given enough time to detoxify prior to flushing the system.
We recommend performing the liver flush seasonally in the Spring and Autumn of the year. Higher frequencies are not advised. Listen to a recorded call explaining the Liver Flush.
Answers to Common Questions:
1) Do I continue taking my Juice Plus+® during the flush?
There is no need to take your Juice Plus+ on Day 6 as it will just be flushed out. You may take it on all other days .
2) Where is Day 9 (missing in first edition of book)? What should I do that day?
Eat raw fruits and veggies, and add steamed veggies
3) It’s Day 6 and I’m vomiting. What should I do?
If it is before the lemon juice and olive oil, take some Epsom Salts and do an enema, and then put off the lemon juice and olive oil to the next day. If you have already taken the olive oil, suck on ginger, increase your water intake, and get through the night. Your liver is either not flushing because it is clogged, or it is flushing in the reverse direction. Continue with day 7-10. So stop taking olive oil and lemon juice, but continue with Epsom salt and the rest of the dietary recommendations.
4) On Day 7, it says juice fast for the whole day. Are we OK to drink any juice or is it better to use apple again?
Any juice made in your juicer is fine. Try 6-7 carrots, ½ beet and several celery stalks in a blender.
5) On Day 5, are we allowed to drink water throughout the day, or only in the afternoon?
It says to “eat only raw veggies in the morning, water in the afternoon.” Water throughout the day is best. The intended meaning was no solid food after noon.
6) Do we use regular Epsom salts ? I have only bought them for my bath. Are these same ones we use?
Yes. Use these.
7) Is there a specific olive oil to use for the Liver Flush?
Organic. Any brand will do.
8 ) What kind of Apple Juice should I use for the flush?
Organic, bottled store-bought juice, or apple juice made using organic apples in your juicer. For the purpose of the liver flush, organic apple cider is also fine.
9) Do I have to take malic acid during this liver flush?
No. You can use apple juice instead. It is recommended that diabetics use malic acid to avoid the sugar load from the apple juice.
10) I am in the middle of the liver flush. I was able to do all the steps up through Day 5. However, on Day 6 I have been experiencing a lot of discomfort and I want to flush my liver, but don’t know how. What can or should I do?
It is possible that the stones are not soft enough. Repeat Day 4 for 2 days. Then do Day 5 and Day 6. If you are experiencing discomfort (pain) before you take the olive oil and lemon juice, do not proceed further with the Liver Flush. Proceed to Day 9, be careful to stay hydrated, and take Epsom Salts daily for 2 weeks before attempting the Liver Flush. Consult your health advisor before doing a Liver Flush as you may have a large stone that is about to get stuck in the bile ducts.